FOUNDED IN 2020
OVER 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE
IN COLLABORATION WITH BACKYARD BUILDINGS OF UNITY
BACKYARD BUILDINGS BUSINESS HOURS
56 Leelynn Drive
Unity, ME 04988
Phone # (207) 948-1960
SAT, by appointment
Please note, Our Amish friends do not have their phone in their office, it lives outside in an outbuilding and they visit it regularly. The best way to reach them is to leave them a message with your name and number and when a good time to call back would be. When visiting them in person to design your shed you won’t be interrupted by the phone.
WHY CHOOSE US
WHY CHOOSE US?
Like a modular home there’s a superior efficiency of construction in our shop built solar sheds, frankly it just costs a lot less to ship a finished product than it does to travel across the state building solar on site.
Our team has over 30 years of solar experience in Maine's solar industry. We’ve built roof mounted solar, concrete and steel ground mounted solar and since developing the Maine Solar Shed have come to see how often it’s the best solution.
A solar shed may not be perfect for everyone but is a great option for many.
SO MUCH TO DO
WHO'S DOING WHAT?
- People find us or Backyard and are interested.
- We have a conversation about roughly how much solar they would like.
- We send them a preliminary Proposal that’s pretty simple.
- They visit Backyard Buildings to design their shed and get a shed quote.
- Upright Energy conducts a site visit to make sure the site has good solar potential and a solar shed is deliverable at that location.
- Provides each customer with a quote for their solar system.
- Conducts a site survey to assess solar access,layout ground work area and verify shed deliverability.
- Provide a ground work plan to customer.
- Submit interconnection application to CMP on behalf of customer.
- Installs solar system at Backyard Buildings.
- Provides solar shed installation (locally available) or supports Customers electrician to install solar shed (installation is made easy for any electrician) Sorry, we cannot sign off on homeowners DIY installations.
- Commissions solar system on site.
- Meets with Customer to design their solar shed.
- Provides customer with building plans as needed for local building permits.
- Coordinates shed delivery with customer.
- Meets with Backyard Buildings to design their shed. Buildings can be built without visiting Backyard Buildings in Unity but it’s highly recommended to visit, meet the team, and see for yourself what options you have.
- Procures local building permit. Backyard Buildings provides building specifications and engineer stamped plans to provide to your municipality.
- May hire a local electrician to connect the solar shed to home power. Every solar shed comes wired to a subpanel in the shed, tying the shed in is very straightforward but it is important that it be done by a licensed electrician. Upright Energy does offer installation, oftentimes a more local electrician is more economical though and Upright Energy can support them.
- May hire the groundwork contractor to install the gravel pad that the shed will sit on. Upright Energy provides the layout and the plans. Often times our customers already have a groundwork person they know and work with. If not we are happy to help.